Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curtain wall

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kitty-toft
482 Views, 4 Replies

curtain wall

Is it possible to make a container wall in Revit? I heard it is much easier to place windows on a wall than an object.  I know how to make a normal wall, but the container wall is different shape. I don’t want to use a texture for the walls, because I need the inside to be same as outside.

🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
subhra_civil
in reply to: kitty-toft

Hi,

What do you exactly want to know???? About Curtain wall?????? Make it sure please.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 3 of 5
SteveKStafford

By container I suspect you are referring to the type of wall a shipping container uses? Are you working on a container home project or incorporating the material into an larger design?

You can create a curtain wall panel that uses an extrusion based on a container walls design profile. If you are apply this form to a large area then you'll have to decide how to repeat the pattern of the extrusion. You can design it based on a fixed width and then make sure your curtain grids are the correct spacing or build in an array that decides how many extrusions you need based on the width of a given panel.

If you are working with a specific container dimension then it might be simpler to just create one extrusion that works for each side and another for the end and another for the top. The doors and bottom are different naturally.

They don't really have to be walls by the way. You can use a room separation line to define area boundaries for room tags later if you just want to create families. If you need to put windows in the wall then you can make a Face-Based Generic Model family and change it to the Window Category so it can be hosted on more than just a wall.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 5
kitty-toft
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Smiley HappyThank you. I will try that. 

Message 5 of 5
kitty-toft

itworked greate with the curtein walls. thank you 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report