Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curtain wall schedule

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1200 Views, 2 Replies

curtain wall schedule

I've been using curtain walls to create storefront windows (Revit 6.1) and am running into problems when it comes time to schedule. Is there a way to associate a window tag with the curtain wall so I can get a complete window schedule? More importantly, how have people been handling isolated elevations of the curtain/ storefront systems on a seperate page? (or any door or window element for that matter) We typically employ this technique to elevate the storefront systems and call out details, and I'm sure we'er not the only ones. The last project we did this with, the PA simply drafted all the elevations in detail view, but that seems a bit tedious. Also, knowing that Revit 7 will allow you to place storefronts into a wall like a window, will it also give it a standard window tag? thanks for the help Mike Wiseman
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use a curtain panel tag. Or create a multi-category tag so you can use the same tag on windows and curtain wall panels. Do a callout of the curtain wall elevation. Turn off everything but the curtain if you like in the new view. You could hide the callout in the parent view as well. "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message news:4193a864$1_1@newsprd01... > I've been using curtain walls to create storefront windows (Revit 6.1) and > am running into problems when it comes time to schedule. Is there a way to > associate a window tag with the curtain wall so I can get a complete window > schedule? More importantly, how have people been handling isolated > elevations of the curtain/ storefront systems on a seperate page? (or any > door or window element for that matter) We typically employ this technique > to elevate the storefront systems and call out details, and I'm sure we'er > not the only ones. The last project we did this with, the PA simply drafted > all the elevations in detail view, but that seems a bit tedious. Also, > knowing that Revit 7 will allow you to place storefronts into a wall like a > window, will it also give it a standard window tag? > > thanks for the help > Mike Wiseman > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks. The elevation callout seems to work well enough, I think with a little playing around I can get that to look like I want. I didn't know about the muli-category tag, so I'll look into that as well. Mike "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4193db35$1_1@newsprd01... > Use a curtain panel tag. Or create a multi-category tag so you can use the > same tag on windows and curtain wall panels. > Do a callout of the curtain wall elevation. Turn off everything but the > curtain if you like in the new view. You could hide the callout in the > parent view as well. > > "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message > news:4193a864$1_1@newsprd01... > > I've been using curtain walls to create storefront windows (Revit 6.1) and > > am running into problems when it comes time to schedule. Is there a way to > > associate a window tag with the curtain wall so I can get a complete > window > > schedule? More importantly, how have people been handling isolated > > elevations of the curtain/ storefront systems on a seperate page? (or any > > door or window element for that matter) We typically employ this technique > > to elevate the storefront systems and call out details, and I'm sure we'er > > not the only ones. The last project we did this with, the PA simply > drafted > > all the elevations in detail view, but that seems a bit tedious. Also, > > knowing that Revit 7 will allow you to place storefronts into a wall like > a > > window, will it also give it a standard window tag? > > > > thanks for the help > > Mike Wiseman > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report