Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall not detecting room when placed in thick wall...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Keith_Wilkinson
261 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain wall not detecting room when placed in thick wall...

Hi,

Bit of a strange one.  Please see attached file which highlights the issue I'm facing.  

I'm currently in the process of scheduling some curtain walling using a window schedule.  For 99% of what I'm doing it works fine.  However I have a small number of elements that reside within quite a thick wall and are set flush with the external face.

Whenever the internal face of the curtain wall window panel is placed more than 450mm from the internal face of the wall it no longer reports the room that it is attached to... 

Is this a bug and is there a way to fix it?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

Possibly one of those Revit things.

However it is normally not something that I will see. When creating curtain walls I normally base them on the centerline of the curtain wall. If I need my panels away from the center I use/create an offset in my panel family.

Offset.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
Keith_Wilkinson
in reply to: L.Maas

I see what you're saying.

I'd taken the approach of having the centreline of the curtain wall located on the centreline of the glazing.  Because our external walls vary in thickness this has generally been a more consistent approach.  But that said for the occasional time that this issue presents itself your suggestion may provide a suitable workaround.

Still seems like odd behaviour though...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report