Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Mullions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DavidRaines
1084 Views, 5 Replies

Curtain Wall Mullions

I have been trying despertly to find a curtain wall or storefront in my system Revit 2015.  Absolute zero success.

First of all I have no curtain wall or storefront options in my browser.  So I tried curtain wall by using mass. When trying to place mullions on the face of the mass I am told there are no curtain wall mullions loaded and directs me to the imperial library. The only place i found curtain wall mullions was under profiles. I selected the mullion I wanted and now I get a new messate that states"  you cannot load one or more of these families. You must select a curtain wall family. (more or less) 

hELP.

Thanks

David 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidtetro
in reply to: DavidRaines

Can you upload your project?

Message 3 of 6
SteveKStafford
in reply to: davidtetro

It sounds like your project has been subjected to Purge Unused. Open a new project using a stock Revit template, like default.rte or architectural.rte or defaultmetric.rte. The curtain wall types and mullions are present in those, at least a basic collection you can build on from there.

You can either create a few curtain wall types using the mullions you want, then copy/paste the entire wall from the project into yours or you can select a mullion family and right click Copy to Clipboard followed by using CTRL + V (paste) into the drawing window of your project. You should find the mullions are listed in your project's project browser after each time you do this.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 6
DavidRaines
in reply to: davidtetro

It is a large file, and rejected. I have not tried zipping it. Do you have a
way for me to send you the file?

Thanks

David

David Raines

Message 5 of 6
L.Maas

Upload your project to the cloud (e.g. WeTransfer, DropBox) and post the link, or send private message to the right person.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 6
davidtetro

David - I use Hightail and Dropbox. But, has the issue been resolved already? If so, no need to upload the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report