Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Mullions - different/unexpected behaviour

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
km_l
1701 Views, 7 Replies

Curtain Wall Mullions - different/unexpected behaviour

hello everybody!

please have a look at custom curtian wall model used to represent wood framing with soundproofing infill:

Unexpected mullion behaviour

i'm a bit lost here - can't figure out what's causing top mullion to be happily continous (which is what i want - i can locate it quickly from the schedule and lenght reported is actual total element lenght) and the bottom plate mullion to be divided in sections (and schedule reports every section separate!) although geometry is continous.

also, is there a way to break mullion after, let's say, 2.7 metres?

cheers!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
luna.ye
in reply to: km_l

Hi km_l

Please check both “border type” in the “type properties” of the different curtain wall. Then please make sure that the mullion wasn’t hidden in view.

Or could you please attach little part of the models in post? So I can help you to find the reason with the two models. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 8
km_l

Please have a look at attached file

Message 4 of 8
luna.ye

Hi km_l,

Thank you for the attachment. I don’t know why there’re two elements about the curtain wall in your file. May I know how did you draw the double curtain wall? And if you want to make the all the bottom plate mullion be continuous, please try to press the TAB key to select another grid line in the bottom when adding mullions. There are two situations about the mullion. I have modified the file with two situations, please check the attachment. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 5 of 8
km_l
in reply to: luna.ye

i see you nested my curtain wall into another curtain wall, but thats not a solution - i still get multiple pieces of a mullion that should be continous (so the schedule would show "chopped" lengths instead of total per mullion.

rvt_question_2.jpg

Message 6 of 8
jhereb

hi,

i know this subject has been stopped for a year but i wanted to post this solutions just to let the revit developers notice that they should get some better solution for this situations and also give to you the way to solve your problem that i'm sure you got the answer by now.
please, see the following link.

http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/18346-mullion-length-schedule.html

if you have now better way to to the shcedule of a curtain wall mullions .... please, let me know.

best regards.

Jorge  

Message 7 of 8
chrisplyler

I don't know how to solve the mullion geometry problem, but it's easy to find out the total lengths of the two mullion types. Here is the mullion schedule for the file you attached in a previous post. I have made no changes to the curtain wall. I only created the schedule.

mulliontotals.gif

Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem, still in 2024. Are there any solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report