Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall mullion runs partially through

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jonmcfarlandGY
986 Views, 4 Replies

Curtain wall mullion runs partially through

In one particular row of curtain wall panels, I'm unable to change the infill from the generic System Panel Glazed to a custom glass panel.  This is caused by the vertical mullion crossing the horizontal mullion which, in turn creates a flange in the glass at the top, right corners.  The uploaded Incorrect Elevation.png shows the condition that is causing the issue.  Correct Elevation.png is the same condition one bay lower on the same curtain wall and the same vertical grid line.  The same vertical mullions (V1)  and horizontal mullions (V2) are used throughout, I've reloaded them into the file, and the horizontals are set to run through.  I've changed the vertical mullion to other types, but there is no difference in the result.

Correct Mullions.png shows the correct condition where the lower V1 stops where it touches the V2 as it should.  Incorrect Mullions.png shows the same condition where the V1 runs partially through the V2.  I've selected all of the V1 mullions and the all have the same properties except for Length.  Same for V2.  The two "3D" images show the correct and incorrect conditions as they appear in the file.

Using the Revit Curtain Wall objects should prevent this from happening.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?

[Only 3 attachments are allowed.  I will upload the other 3 to a seperate post]

Thanks,

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Here are the other attachments for my post "Curtain wall mullion runs partially through"

Thanks,

Post merged and edited by
Discussion_Admin

Jon

Message 3 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

Please upload the file to a Dropbox account (or other file sharing location) and let me know the address. Without the file its hard to know what's going on.

Thanks for posting.

Message 4 of 5
jonmcfarlandGY
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks Alan,

I'll have IT set up FTP access and message you privately.

Jon

Message 5 of 5
jonmcfarlandGY
in reply to: alan.quinn

Alan,

I set up the FTP site and sent you a private message a while back.  Were you able to get to the files?

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report