Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall doors without levels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Beth1285
732 Views, 1 Reply

Curtain wall doors without levels

I have doors in a curtain wall system, and those doors are not associated with a level when scheduled. 

I've read a few things about this - understanding that the door will be associated with the level of the curtain wall (which is logical) and that doors that are technically on different levels will be assigned the same level. Here's my problem:  I have 3 doors lined up on a curtain wall, the base constraint of that curtain wall is the first floor. 2 of the doors are scheduling fine, on the correct level, 1 does not have a level at all. All 3 doors were created at the same time, using the same method. So, why, still, are my curtain wall doors not scheduling properly. 

I also have another curtain wall where non of the doors has levels assigned, but I'm hoping it's the same issue, and resolving one may fix the other... 

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Beth1285

The things you mention I have not experienced myself. But heard from others that they sometimes see that no level is assigned (Dependent of Revit version?). As you mention the default behaviour is that the panels/doors get the level assigned of the base constraint of the curtain wall.

However there are ways (workarounds) to get the door to schedule properly. Which one works for you is depending on how you want the curtain wall to behave. Some of the solutions are more work than others.

1-Create new curtain on every level (with doors).

2-Replace a panel with a normal wall and use a normal door in that wall.

3-On the place where you need a door embed a new curtain wall (with door) in the existing curtain wall.

4-The most complicated one but the most consistent with default behaviour of your curtain wall.

First create a new curtain wall (duplicate the basic curtain wall). Öptional: You can already set the panel to your required door (Name it "CW w Door".

Lets say you have your levels at every 4 meters. You have your curtain wall spanning several levels with base constraint at level 0.

You want to place a door on level 1 (4 m).

Change the base constraint of your wall to Level 1 and set the base offset to -4 m. (Thus the postion of your curtain wall does not change).

On level 1 change one of the curtain panels with the new curtain wall "CW w Door".

Change back the base constraint of your multi level curtian wall back to level 0 with offset of 0 m.

If everything went right the added door should now have level 1. You can repeat this process for other levels (for level two base constraint level 2 and base offset -8m etc).

Hope above is clear.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report