Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain System Malformed panels warning

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jagostinhoCT
1431 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain System Malformed panels warning

Hello,

We have been cleaning the models for Warnings but there is one we are unable to sort.
If you check the attached file you will find a sloped glazing family used as louvres with custom mullion profiles. The thing is that if we set the mullion total width to anything higher than 300mm lots of above mentioned Warnings are produced.

I tried to use the system mullion profile and change the Width values but I get the same result. Anything beyond 300mm breaks the family.

I have googled the web but found no one mentioning this occurrence in their projects. The warning mentions that it might be ignored but the thing is that the panels being generated are not correct so, from a model quality point of view, these are better off being fixed. Not just ignored.

We are really trying to clean up the model from warnings and this situation alone generates lots of them as this system is used in being used in other parts of the building.

How would you guys solve this?

Many thanks for the help.
J

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: jagostinhoCT

Having no history on how this was created I'm at at a loss on how to address the issue. I tried clicking around and testing but have not found the root cause. I also tested your file with some internal tools and received a few error messages. It may be best to consider recreating this elements in the Conceptual Massing Tool. You will be able to create what you want and far more complex shapes in the tool. I suggest looking at the following links for help and ideas.

Conceptual Design Environment (Wikihelp) http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-57C738E6-E96B-4275-8F7A-21A268F1576A

buidz (A great site for ideas) http://buildz.blogspot.com/?_sm_au_=iVVnqWq68W5tTPvN

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
jagostinhoCT
in reply to: alan.quinn

Hello,

The practice BIM Manager sorted this one out just by shifting up the profile family being used in the mullion. We will then need to discount the same amount to the entire sloped glazing level offset  parameter.

This way it seems that the sectioning planes stop conflicting with the panels and we can get rid of the Revit Warnings.

File attached containing the shifted profile PRF - EWS09 LOUVRE.

Many thanks for your help.

Joaquim

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report