Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

vansicek
Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)

Curtain System by Face, Grid Orientation

203 Views, 1 Replies
01-27-2014 02:18 PM

I am using Curtain System by Face to make a curtain wall on sloped walls. I am having a problem with the default orientation of the mullions. Some of my faces have oddly angled tops and the vertical mullions seem to be looking at those edges to get something to be perpendicular to. 

The image attached shows the system I'm talking about. I need the vertical mullions to be perpendicular with the  ground, not the roof line. I have tried editing the grid itself, and I have heard that splitting the surface will not allow me to create a curtain wall system.

v_chris
Message 2 of 2 (42 Views)

Re: Curtain System by Face, Grid Orientation

10-29-2014 01:47 PM in reply to: vansicek

This seems to be something autodesk has continually failed to address. For software, that is specifically designed for construction industry, Revit developers have singularly failed to provide a simple solution to putting a simple curtain wall (with straight lines) on an angled wall.  If we documented a high rise with a curtain wall that revit provides (without a tortured work around) we would be shot on the spot. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.