Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Mould on Fascia

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
evansandschmidt
950 Views, 1 Reply

Crown Mould on Fascia

I am trying to run a crown mould around the edge of a gable roof. The roof has a plumb rafter cut. The crown profile is located where a typical shingle mould is located. The trouble is occurring where the crown mould begins to run up the rake edge. Revit can't seems to make that compound miter. I have made a profile of a 1x8 fascia with a crown at the top edge and am not having any luck. Is there another way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: evansandschmidt

Well, builders would have the same problem, because on a plumb rafter cut, the
crown molding profile used on the eave has to be different than the gable
cornice trim what would run up the rake, if you want a clean compount miter.

What you have to do is create a different rake profile which is a projection of
the crown molding made at the compound angle.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:59:25 -0800, evansandschmidt <> wrote:

>I am trying to run a crown mould around the edge of a gable roof. The roof has a plumb rafter cut. The crown profile is located where a typical shingle mould is located. The trouble is occurring where the crown mould begins to run up the rake edge. Revit can't seems to make that compound miter. I have made a profile of a 1x8 fascia with a crown at the top edge and am not having any luck. Is there another way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report