Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crop region & text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ken.murphy.exp
1430 Views, 3 Replies

Crop region & text

Hi,

I have a large Revit model with a linked model containing many notes and symbols. The problem that I am having is that since the structure is so large I need many blow-up plans for particular zones, even though these plans are using crop regions the notes from the linked file still show outside the cropped area?
Is there any work around for this ? I have looked into scope boxes, section box, and plan regions but none of these will solve the problem.

thanks for any help or advice.

Ken
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

By linked model, I assume you are referring to an Autocad Model? If so, go into object styles, and under imported object, turn off the AutoCAD file layes with the text on it.
Message 3 of 4

No, it's a linked Revit file. Linked dwg's seem to work okay with the crop region but the Revit information is strange in that is still displays any "drafting" type information outside of the crop region.
It turns out the best solution to this scenario is to create duplicate views for the blowup plans in the Revit link file, then use that linked view in the main model you are working in as the display override.

thanks for your help

Ken
Message 4 of 4
bennie
in reply to: ken.murphy.exp

Hi There, I had the same problem just now.

Look in the Properties Box under the "Extents" section, tick the box that says "Annotation Crop" 

Also I have found when working with a revit Linked Project, leave the Linked file's appearance as you want it to look in your current project, and then under "VG" just use the "By Linked View" option and if necessary change some settings like Grids to "Custom" 

This worked for me. Hope this helps for future reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report