Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crop Region Control

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jesser
2676 Views, 5 Replies

Crop Region Control

I am trying to find where to control the Crop Region Line.  I'd love to be able to creat view templates to control visibility and also Line Weight.  Currently we are turning them off per view.  and only want it on for 3D View and Interior elevations. 

I know that by selecting each view crop region, right clicking and overriding by element I can control the weight.  Does anyone know a universal way or where in view templates to set this?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jesser

The edge of the crop region can be overriden, but I think that change is not part of any view template settings.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
ccollins

Try highlighting the Crop Region, then right click and "select all instances in entire project", then override graphics.

Does this change all of the Crop Regions?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: ccollins

I just tried this--it does not work . i.e. it does not change all Crop Regions in Entire Project (tested Revit 2012).

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 6
jesser

That is what I've found.  Is there any way to change the default?

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
Message 6 of 6
ccollins

I'm not certain of this, but I suspect that the Crop Region/Viewport is a "hard-coded" system family attribute,

as it applies to all View Types, and probably cannot be changed globally from within Revit.

The API may have tools/ability to change it? I'm not an API guru, but you might try searching.

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report