Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Multiple Details Number and Name Tags of Broken Views on a Sheet.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
octavio2
240 Views, 1 Reply

Creation of Multiple Details Number and Name Tags of Broken Views on a Sheet.

We can break a view with the View Breaks of the Crop Region.

When the broken view is inserted on a Sheet, only one title tag with its detail number and view name is inserted, but sometime we want to assign one different discreet detail number and name to each of the separate "broken" views, even if it is only on that sheet.

What is the best way to have multiple detail numbers and names for each of the separate "broken" views on a sheet?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
octavio2
in reply to: octavio2

Regarding the attached reference PDF of a fun drawing used for this learning session: The Sections 1, 4, and 4a came automatically with their original views when placed, i.e., when inserted, on that sheet, respectively.  I created Sections 2 and 3 using View Breaks, but I had to create also (separately) the Detail numbers tags 2 and 3 using Detail Lines, did one and then copied the other, a tedious task requiring additional steps.  I think there should be a better and faster way when you have a situation like this, common in architectural construction drawings, so if anyone knows about it, please share.  Also, the small Section Detail 4a, which was inserted separately, has to move when the Section 1 below moves to maintain its intended relationship on that sheet, so the next question is: "how to link it to Section 1?"  (I asked this question in a separate post). Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report