Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Wall Based Family

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kate_vanhout
3509 Views, 6 Replies

Creating Wall Based Family

I want to Create a Wall Nitch that will be in a tiled shower we are doing.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to create a family that cuts into a wall? I don't want to Create an opening, because I don't want it going all the way through the wall.  I am not sure how to go about this.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Make a face-based family with a void, and cut the void from the sample face in the family editor. Once you load this into a project, and put it on the face of the wall, it will cut the wall.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7

I tried this and couldnt get it to work.  Do you have an example of one that you got to work?

Message 4 of 7

In the family editor, do Cut geometry, select the void, select the sample volume. It should cut the wall in the project, too.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7

Thanks so much!! I completely missed the step of using Cut Geometry. Oops!

Message 6 of 7

Thnaks you are a helpful man as i have seen you around quite often in the forums. But when I do this the form which I see is orange and doesnt cut teh wall even though it is there as a void form. It does NOT even show when I insret ot to the project. The file is attached. 

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: puya.hadizadeh

You need to cut the wall with the void in the family, and set the family to Cut with void when loaded.  See attached family I have modified.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report