Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating surface in conceptual massing & applying wall by face

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sureshchotrani
1730 Views, 7 Replies

Creating surface in conceptual massing & applying wall by face

Hello guys,

When I create the surface in conceptual mass and bring that in revit project and apply wall by face I see interior face of wall going exterior. 

Can this be set in conceptual massing while creating surface so that when I apply wall by face interior face remains interior.

Thanks and Regards

Suresh C

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

when you place Wall by Face ...select Location Line...

Image 096.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Are you saying to select the locatipn line from option menu bar. If yes then it is not working this way.
I am selecting interior in option bar but while applying on surafe, created using conceptual mass, it goes in oppsite direction. I actually need exterior face of wall to get aling with surface, but interior face gets align.

Kindly reply if you know what to do.
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Message 4 of 8

For some volumes, it is diffcult to predict which side will be the "correct side, even after setting a preference such as "finish face exterior". Choose the preference that works best in most cases, and for those cases where the wall is backwards, simple select the wall and use the flip control, or change its orientation from its instance properties.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8

Alfredo get you the correct answer...sometimes you have not straight solution for everything and sometimes you have to solve the problem using workarounds or other simple instruments...

1. Use the flip for vertical walls
  2. from Properties > Location Line...you can change the orientation

Image 102.pngImage 103.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Attached is the sample file, I have created mass and applied the wall by face with option Exterior in option bar. Actually I need the interior of wall to get aligned with outer face of mass and currently exterior face of wall is getting alinged.

Wall is not getting fliped by hitting space bar. This works for normal straight wall but is not working were wall is curved.

Actually I am working on a project were I am facing this problem.

I do not want to use the option of changing the instance properties to make Exterior Interior and Interior Exterior.

Twitter @SureshChotrani
Message 7 of 8

At me it work fine ... No need to flip...

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

Kindly check the sample file I had edited and changed it to surface mass. I thick I have got the anwser, http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?151292-Creating-surface-in-conceptual-massing-amp-applying-wal...

Thanks

Surresh C

Twitter @SureshChotrani

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report