Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Solid Form by Using Surfaces in Mass Modeling

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
burak.akpinar
4616 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Solid Form by Using Surfaces in Mass Modeling

Firstly I'm an architecture student and we need to do our project by using computer programs. So i have a design idea however, because it has complex surfaces and geometry, I could not use any other programme. I started my project in Revit 2013, in mass modeling, and i come up with a dead end. I did my structure's surfaces however to create mass floor or roof I need a solid form. Now my structure has different sized and shaped surfaces and they created a closed area but I cannot make my structure solid. I tried extruding the base surface of my model and trimming the useless parts however I cannot  do cut because cut needs both solid forms and also I cannot trimmed because it didnot select surfaces and solid elements. So I am waiting your help 🙂 Sorry about my english i might did some grammer mistakes it is not my native language. ( I attached some pictures of my model.)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Now you have a  mesh not a volume...In order to obtain a volume keeping your point make the following steps ( look on the attached images):

• select your form and from Form Element > Disolve...the faces will disapear..(Image 083 > Image 084)
  • conect the points across the element ( as in Image 084) and erase the border lines that you have used before ( as it is shown in Image 085)...you have obtained now a seria of closed section profile of your element
  • select profile 1 and 2...and Create Form....then 2 and 3 ...and Create Form...till the last profil ( Image 086 an 087)
  • You have obtained now a solid  wich can be cut...(Image 088 and 089)
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 5

don't forget to use 3D Snap..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 5

Thank you so much 🙂

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report