Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING PERSPECTIVE SECTIONS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wolverine01
536 Views, 4 Replies

CREATING PERSPECTIVE SECTIONS

Hi, i am looking to create a sectional perspective however similar to the attached image. i understand how to create a section but not when it change direction in the middle of the building, can anybody please help?

here is the sketch:http://screencast.com/t/bg66ziRWzW

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciejwypych
in reply to: wolverine01

Hi,

Create a perspective view, click on the corner of the viewcube, this will change the view to axo but you can adjust your section box to cut through the X axis of the building. Now select Full Navigation Wheel and rewind back to the perpective view.
Now, duplicate the view, repeat the steps to adjust the section box to the Y axis of the building.

Put both views on a sheet and crop region to the intersection of the scope boxes.

Message 3 of 5
wolverine01
in reply to: maciejwypych

hi macie, i did what you asked me to do but i didnt do it that good.

hi constantin, i saw your post but what im looking for is the oposite of it.

here is what i have achieve:http://screencast.com/t/FL4eFRsAK

thanks...

Message 4 of 5
HAMJAM
in reply to: wolverine01

I agree in that the idea of taking both views and cropping them together seems very long winded and time consuming.  Whilst I agree it offer a possible solution it is really not a great one.  

There must be a better way of creating a sectional perspective when you only want to bascially take a bite out of a building?

Many thanks, 

Message 5 of 5
wolverine01
in reply to: HAMJAM

Sorry for my last post. looking back at what i wrote late the other night it is not very clear.

however, in summary like what HAMJAM states, this method of creating was is basically two drawings then piecing them together is a real headache. i agree with HAMJAM there must be a better method?

thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report