Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

RBartsch
Message 1 of 3 (331 Views)

Creating or finding a handrail

331 Views, 2 Replies
06-16-2010 03:23 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to model in a handrail along a corridor, something like you would find in a health care facility.  I thought I could model it using a railing, but I can't seem to get the balusters to go away. 

Is there a setting I'm missing?  Or does anyone know of where such a thing would be located in the families?

Cheers

-- Robin B.
Distinguished Contributor
cvandevere
Message 2 of 3 (329 Views)

Re: Creating or finding a handrail

06-16-2010 04:06 PM in reply to: RBartsch

There are a number of different ways to approach handrails ,create a wall mounted family, a wall sweep, an in place family, using the handrail commands you will have to turn off the balustrade, as few examples.  You can use autodesk seek and revitcity to search for some pre-made ones. Here is a link that might help you formulate some ideas as well http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=5380.

CDV
Employee
loboarch
Message 3 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: Creating or finding a handrail

06-16-2010 07:30 PM in reply to: RBartsch

You can create a railing that uses a mounting bracket family as a "baluster".  I think there is a sample of this at seek.autodesk.com.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.