Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating only profile family for sweeping??

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
amg.monaco
441 Views, 3 Replies

Creating only profile family for sweeping??

can profile line be possible to be inhabit as a family type ?

to be sweeped along lines . .

from where do i have to scratch ??profile.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: amg.monaco

Yes. Create a new profile family by using one of the standard profile family templates. Don't forget to open the type properties and create at least one type with a distinct descriptive name. Then it can be saved and loaded into a project to use for sweeps. After it is loaded into a project, it should show up on the list of profiles available when you are creating a sweep component.

xtn

Message 3 of 4
amg.monaco
in reply to: chrisplyler

hi thanks for answer
and then how to apply the profile i created in the building scene?
which commend of ribbon do i have to use?
could you explain the process ?
thankyou . . .
Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: amg.monaco

One method to place a sweep in a project is:

1. Ribbon: Architecture > Component > Model-in-Place

2. Select a family category. This will determine the default parameters and behavior of your new sweep. I believe this is mostly only important for scheduling purposes. Just choose Generic Models if your sweep doesn't belong in any other category.

3. Give your item a unique name.

4. Ribbon: Create > Forms > Sweep

Now you're ready to place it.

5. Ribbon: Modify/Sweep > Work Plane > Set (if you need to change the work plane prior to drawing a line for your sweep to follow, not necessary if you're going to pick the line)

6. Ribbon: Modify/Sweep > Sweep > Pick Path or Sketch Path (to pick or draw the line that your sweep will follow)

7. Ribbon: Modify/Sweep > Sweep > Select Profile (or Edit Profile if you want to manually draw one, or Load Profile if the one you already created in a profile family isn't already loaded into the project)

Note: If you're going to manually draw one, I recommend... Ribbon: Modify/Sweep > Work Plane > Viewer. This will open a window that is lined up correctly to the sweep profile plane.

Here is a star shaped profile sweep along a star shaped path...

ComponentSweep.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report