Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating new door families

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Kiri
342 Views, 5 Replies

creating new door families

Can anyone help me?
i am new too revit and have created two new door families, but when i try to place them the programme keeps saying can't create door type? what have i done wrong in the creation process, does anyone one have some tips on creating doors which are not standard?
cheers Kiri
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Kiri

If you can post the file, it would be helpful to figure out why it's not working. Post it to revit.community.customer-files, or go to www.zoogdesign.com/forums and post it there. SD "Kiri" wrote in message news:11635086.1074478378823.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Can anyone help me? > i am new too revit and have created two new door families, but when i try to place them the programme keeps saying can't create door type? what have i done wrong in the creation process, does anyone one have some tips on creating doors which are not standard? > cheers Kiri
Message 3 of 6
Steve_Stafford

Generally that error means you have not allowed for wall thickness to change in your family. When creating a family it's important to vary the size of the host wall to see if you family will flex properly in different wall styles. The other possibility is that the host wall isn't long enough. I'd bet the it's the wall thickness in this case though.
Message 4 of 6
Kiri

Hi i have attached one of the doors i created, Let me know what the verdict is!!! cheers Kiri
Message 5 of 6
Kiri

hi there thanks i will try it and see if it fixes my problem, i have attached the file if you want to look at it, and see what i have done. cheers Kiri
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Sounds like a constraint problem. When you create a door family with multiple types, always test it in the family editor before you load it into your project to make sure it functions.
If you change an 8'-0" foot door into a 4'-0" door inside your project an you get that error message it usually means there is a bad constraint.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report