Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating line types

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hgire
316 Views, 8 Replies

creating line types

hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly appreciated...thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: hgire

I don't think it is possible, but check www.augi.com for more answers. Someone has asked this before
Message 3 of 9
dumdum

maybe you should try typing the G's on the line
Message 4 of 9
hgire

you can do that? haha, thanks...i am trying augi.com, thanks
Message 5 of 9
dumdum

i think so... why not...but what is revit.... is that where you can build houses and airplanes
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

hgire wrote: > hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly appreciated...thanks. You can use the Repeating Detail (drafting tool). Create an annotation family using filled region and make the letter G. Import that into project and create a new Repeating Detail Family.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Attached is an example of one way... It utilizes the repeating detail method. I'm sure there are other creative ways to do it. Save out the Gas Line.rfa from the project to see how it was created. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "Allen L" wrote in message news:41b0bca9_1@newsprd01... > hgire wrote: >> hey there, i am trying to make a gas line in my house, and I cant' find >> if their is away to have a line with a G-character in the middle of the >> line.....if yoiu know how to do this, the help would be greatly >> appreciated...thanks. > You can use the Repeating Detail (drafting tool). Create an annotation > family using filled region and make the letter G. Import that into > project and create a new Repeating Detail Family.
Message 8 of 9
dumdum

hgire is such a pretty name!!!
Message 9 of 9
hgire

what do u mean by save out? i am trying to get it to, but i dont know how you want me to go about, is there a procedure? let me know...thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report