Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating double door with multiple swings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jledgewood409
1569 Views, 4 Replies

creating double door with multiple swings

I am trying to create a double door with multiple swing angles e.g. 15, 30, 45 degree. I have done so with the single door families. on the double door family I am able to create the multiple swings for one of the two doors. the other door I am only able to create one of hte swings (45 degree.) when I create the other angles on the other door and try to place it in a project a message comes up says that it cannot create said type and wants to delete it.

I am attaching the family for review.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am not sure what happened with this specific dimension (see image) but by deleting it and redo another one, it fixes the issue

Door swing.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 5

that seemed to work. thank you.

one more, so I followed your steps and now I realized that I dont have a 15 degree swing on the same side that you had me make the correction on. I create the 15 degree swing with the proper parameters and when I insert it into the project I get a message that says it cannot make said type. now there is something else I didnt do right. I am attaching the family with the new 15 degree swing on the left side (same side as dimension correction.)

Message 4 of 5

There is an issue with the thickness that is over constraining something. If you open the family without loading it to the project and change the door thickness, you will have an error message.

my suggestion is to recreate the door as a nested family then insert it into the main family.

I also had an old document presuming from AU about how to create a 3d door swing you may use the workflow in this document

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 5

Just a follow up to see if the nested family worked for you

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report