Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Families that can be exported to IFC

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Cjtang
134 Views, 0 Replies

Creating Custom Families that can be exported to IFC

Howdy, I am looking to create a custom family (block) which is say an IfcAirTerminalBox (see www.iai-international.org/Model/documentation/IfcR2x_Final/ifchvacdomain/lexical/ifcairterminalbox.html ) With the attribute such as TerminalBoxType (TerminalBoxType: Enumeration that identifies the type of terminal box (e.g., VariableAirVolume, ConstantVolume, VariableAirVolumeReheat, ConstantVolumeReheat, FanPowered, VariableAirVolumeDualDuct, etc.) The intention is to create a family that can be exported into the IFC format for use in another program. I have seen the IFC parameters option when creating a custom family, but I have had the hardest time figuring out how to get the program to export the above mentioned IFC parameters. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about or has suggestions on how to do it let me know.

Walls and Floors and the like export to IFC great but when I look at the families under IFC parameters there is only 'Operation' listed. Before it is mentioned I have seen the IFC -Import/Export settings and currently AirTerminals are set to 'Not Exported'. I realize that this needs to be set to IfcAirTerminalBox. Or at least that is what I think it should be set to. Someone please help. Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report