Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an exterior wall style with an exterior wall finish other than brick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
allenfancher
2243 Views, 3 Replies

Creating an exterior wall style with an exterior wall finish other than brick

In assigning a material for a new wall exterior component, I see no other material option other than brick, yet there are many materials sutable. Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: allenfancher

Hello - When you go to your materials library - what do you see?

I have attached an image of my material library for reference.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
allenfancher

LD

Thanksd for responding to my "challenge."

Yes, I get essentially the same screen when I open Material Browser. There are plenty of materials generally available. My issue is when I am trying to create a new wall style and open the Materials tab and try to apply a material to one of the components. The option are very limited. I tried the Add New materials button, but it only asks to give a name to a material, which, when I do give a name and click ok, there is no followup dialog box to sellect a material? Confusing. Expect I am using this option incorectly. Help!

Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago

Okay - the attached image asks the question of what do you get when you go into the layers of the wall to change the material...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report