Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a walkthrough that "goes upstairs"?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
2017 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a walkthrough that "goes upstairs"?

I have created two levels and started the walkthrough outside,  It comes in through the front door, walks around the first floor and then goes upstairs.  However when it's "going upstairs" it's as if the camera is parallel to the stair stringer.

Can I get it to keep the camera parallel to the floors?  The last camera placement at the bottom of the stairs is placed 6 foot relative to the first floor and the first camera placement at the top of the stairs is placed 6 foot relative to the second floor.

I even went back and tried making one where the upstairs camera placements are 16 foot relative to the first floor.  I thought maybe that would do it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: doni49

You may want to take a look at this article in the wikihelp.  You can adjust the camera path/position, the camera focus, and add keyframes.  You probably need to do all 3 of these to make the walkthrough appear to "walk" up the stairs.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tips_and_Tricks/Rendering_and_Walkthroughs/Adjust_a...

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report