Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a sweep. It doesn't want to work.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
doni49
395 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a sweep. It doesn't want to work.

First, YES--I did a search and found this from an AU class and it looks like I'm already doing exactly as the instructor said to do (although the name I assigned to my reference plane is different).

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=material&session_material_id=66119

I created a reference plan that I called Leg Front.  Then while in front elevation view, I drew what is to be the centerline of myU shaped tubular leg.  I've made sure that the linework is in fact on the Leg Front workplane.

When I create my sweep, I choose the path and it all looks good so far.  Then I sketch the tube start point in plan view.  Still looks good.

But when I try to save the sweep, it fails with the error message of "Can't create sweep".  It would be helpful if it would tell me WHY because I have no idea.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I figured this out.  🙂  It looks like the tube radius was too big as compared to the radius of the fillets at the bottom of each side of the leg (where it meets the cross-piece).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report