Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating A Second Floor Plan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
susc2001
19366 Views, 2 Replies

Creating A Second Floor Plan

I'm new to Revit and I just finished laying out the first floor plan under the "Level 1" view. When I go "Level 2" and start drawing the second floor plan, the first floor plan appears super imposed in the background under a light tone. When I delete it or hide the elements it affects the 3D model. How do I create the second floor plan?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: susc2001

There is a property called "Underlay" that pertains to Views. Most likely, your Level 2 floor plan view has this property set to "Level 1". Set it to "none", and just continue working on Level 2. If you have Revit 2010, you can right click on an empty space of the view > View properties. In Revit 2011 it will be in the properties pallete. You can set it back to "Level 1" when you want to use the lower floor elements as a reference.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
http://www.planta1.com
Online Revit Training

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
susc2001
in reply to: susc2001

Thank you that worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report