Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Seal in Revit 2014/15 for use in a Title Block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thomasdiaz0906
1064 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a Seal in Revit 2014/15 for use in a Title Block

Context

Not to long ago, our company has begun the transition from being an AutoCAD only office to a Revit office due in large part to the fact that almost every architectural firm we're contracted by have already become Revit only offices, and as part of this transition, some of our own frequently used detail items previously used in AutoCAD are now being made into Revit families and components. One of the more troubling ones that I've run into a problem with is creating our Seal in Revit. I'm very familiar with how Revit works in just about every aspect when it comes to design work and working in the project, but my family editing skills is hardly what one would call adept. Most of it is common sense, but here I think I've hit my limit.

Problem

Getting our seal into Revit was no big issue, as all I had to do was create a new Annotation family, hit [Import CAD], selected the seal, brought it in, went to the "Explode" options and did a full explode of the object, and all the line work was converted to single lines with no corrected geometry( I must state, as I forgot to earlier, when working on projects what we want is to be able to bring in the Seal and include it in a Title Block family before using that Title Block in the project. To do that, it could only be brought in as an annotation ). Now, because we are an MEP firm, we have multiple certified engineers whose names and certification numbers are included in the seal, and in AutoCAD we only want to view one name with its associated number. This is obviously accomplished by placing each name and number on their own layer and freezing off the others. My issue is this: How can I accomplish this in an identical fashion in Revit 2014/15? i.e. how can I toggle between each name and number without having to either: (A). create individual seals for each name and number. Or: (B). bringing in the seal and typing in the name and number.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I have done this using to "Visible" parameter within the family. See attached.

Create separate text items for each user/number, and add a parameter to have them visible or hidden depending on the desired person(Type).

michael_fett

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report