Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Revit 2014 Deploymant

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jrath
305 Views, 9 Replies

Creating a Revit 2014 Deploymant

I have the thumb drive media for 2013 and 2015, but we are running the 2014 version. Stand alone aqnd not through a license server. Our internet connection is slow so I don't was to download to each workstation to install. I tried downloading and copying to a usb removable drive, but that failed to run properly. So I would like to create a deployment on my removable drive for installation. From what I read it seems that the deplotments only work for the seats run through a license server.

Is that true or false?

Can I create a deployment for 2014 standalone?

If can how is it done?

Jeff Rath

Bim Manager

RMG Engineers.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jason_S
in reply to: jrath

Yes you can create a deployment of 2014 standalone.  I wouldn't create it on a thumb drive though.  I would place it on a server where you can get to it as the admin and install on each computer from taht location.  Below and attached are the sets to create the deployment for a standalone license.

• Download the 2014 software to a station that you have Admin rights to.
  • Run the setup.
  • I created the attached file that should help you through the rest of the process.

If you have additional questions let me know.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 10
jrath
in reply to: Jason_S

The create deployment option does not come up when I try it.

Is it because Revit is already installed on my machine?

Message 4 of 10
Jason_S

@jrath wrote:

The create deployment option does not come up when I try it.

Is it because Revit is already installed on my machine?

Should not matter.  I just did those screen shots on a computer with 2014 loaded without issue.

You are running the setup.exe file from the download, not the uninstall/reinstall from the add windows programs, right?

Message 5 of 10
jrath

Yes ... running from the download that is already on my c drive.

Message 6 of 10
Jason_S

@jrath wrote:

Yes ... running from the download that is already on my c drive.

Hmm..... Interesting.  Sorry for the questions but I want to make sure I get the best understanding I can to help. 

Have you tried to right click on the setup.exe and click run as administrator?  Do you get any messages that pop up prior to that screen opening?  Do you have another computer you can copy the setup to and try to run it from?  I have not run into this in all my deployment strategy's.

Message 7 of 10
jrath

I just tried running it as administrator ... still no deployment option ...

BummerSmiley Mad

Message 8 of 10
Jason_S

I am sorry.  I do not get why that isn't allowing you to have that option.  It has to be frustrating for you, because it is for me and I don't have the issue.  I can't think of anything currently that would cause this.

Well, I didn't ask this but what OS are you running?

Message 9 of 10
byron.morales

Hello:

When downloading and installing the Autodesk Software using the "Install Now" options it does not give you the opportunity to create a deployment.

We recommend you download the Revit 2014 installation file as follows:

Visit the Virtual Agent located here:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Click Download Links on the list of topics in the right-hand panel.

Follow the on-screen prompts to find the installer file you need.

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Reboot computer, Turn Antivirus Off, Clear the contents of the %temp% folder and then attempt to create a deployment by Right Clicking on the file downloaded and select “Run As Administrator”. 

You should now be presented with a choice to Create a Deployment. Alternatively you can also copy this downloaded file to a USB and use it to install it on the rest of the computers or you can follow the links below to create the deployment:

The best practices to use when creating a network deployment can be found at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9480447&linkID=9240617

There is also a step by step video available at the below link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9a-0RUz90 

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 10 of 10
jrath
in reply to: byron.morales

That seems to have fixed it. I made a deploymeny. I will test it later this week.

Jeff Rath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report