Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a opening for a window

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
silviaberian
221 Views, 2 Replies

creating a opening for a window

hi

I created this little building with a pitched roof.  at the 1st level I had no problems putting in openings for windows and doors, but now i created the roof and I want to put in window at front and back of the building and the window shows only up when I hold the cursor over it.  what step am i missing?  At one point i also got the message  "rectangular opening does not cut its host"   please someone help me with this

thanks

silvia

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mike
in reply to: silviaberian

Possibly the windows are aboce the cut plane level ? In which case you will need to put in a Plan Region so they show up.

The " opening does not cut host" usually means that the opening has been inserted above the Top Constraint level for the wall properties.

Message 3 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: silviaberian

Part of the reason you are having problems is you are only using 2D views, and you can't see where elements are above or below the view you are in.

So-- ALWAYS use a 3D view and you will immediately see what is happening.

Don't use Revit in ONLY 2D views like you would in Cad.

Remember you are MODELING--not "drafting in 2D". If you don't start out in Revit thinking in 3D, you will have a very hard time.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report