Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a curb in revit 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
badincite
6132 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a curb in revit 2014

Getting confused on how to create curb with revit 2014 cant find any videos for my version. Ive created a curb family and I can place the component but not exactly sure how to have my component follow a curved line. Just need a little direction im a newb... tired using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJNn0pi994 but confuses me since its 2013. 

Curbfamily.PNG

View.PNG

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: badincite

What Alfredo has been doing in the youtube movie applies also to Revit 2014 (and 2015).

However you have to cloesly monitor what is happening. What Alfredo is doing is making a curb starting with a straight piece, then a a spline and ending in a straight piece.

He first creates a family based on the template "Generic Model Adaptive.rft" he places 5 points connects straight reference lines between points 1 and 2 and between 4 and 5. Then a spline through points through points 2, 3 and 4. Notice that during placing the lines he has 3D snapping selected and chain unselected.

He then loads a profile of a curb. Here it is important that the profile is made based on the "Generic Model.rft" not based on a "Profile.rft" template.

When creating the profile it is important to select workplane based and deselect always vertical.

In the adaptive family he changes the workplane and places the loaded profile. (He also assigns a type parameter to the profile to be able to later change the profile to allow for different types of curbs.) Selects the profile and the three lines (i.e. 2 straight, 1 spline). and creates a solid form.

Then he selects everything, filters out all the 5 points and makes them adaptive.

He follows by loading the family in the project and then placing them along the curve he made earlier. As you can see in the video the curve in the project is also made from straight lines and curves. During placement he places five points to create a single curb.

Hope this helps a little.

Attached a project (2013) including the family similar to the one created by Alfredo.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
badincite
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks this should help immensely!
Message 4 of 7
badincite

Was able to modify yours and use it. But now trying to create my own for a sidewalk and im getting lost at 1:49 were he picks the label and then creates the solid form. Im guess since his fillet spiline was already created so I missed something. Also recieve and error when I try Attached my project

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Message 5 of 7
badincite

Watched the video more closely twenty or so times then i got it Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 7
L.Maas

Good to hear.

Practice, practice, practice 😉

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 7 of 7
richard.gingco

Hi im an newbie and i came a cross in your topic forum, i just wondering if how did you manage the error coz i think im having the same error you did before. And the reference line im creating is creating also another element point which is giving me a problem. I don't no if that's the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report