Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

???? Created Section View. SOME level heads missing.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doni49
4913 Views, 3 Replies

???? Created Section View. SOME level heads missing.

I have something going on that I really don't understand.

My revit file started out with three levels that I've since renamed as "Ground Level", "Lower Level" and "Upper Level". I then added "Corridor Level", "Corridor Roof" and "Roof".

No matter what I do, EVERY section view that I create shows the level heads for the three levels that I created -- but the ones that already existed do not show any level heads.

Please take a look at the attached image to see what I mean. This is a screen shot showing a section view side-by-side with an elevation view. Notice the level heads that ARE showing in the elevation but NOT in the section?

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?
Sections - No Level Heads.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
allarkin14
in reply to: doni49

I am having this same exact problem at the moment.. I figured out how to get them to show up, but not without sacrificing how I want my section to look. In the section view properties, if you turn far clipping to "no clip" you'll find those other levels will appear. My problem is that i need to have far clip turned on and somehow make the levels visible.

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: doni49

The Level must actually enter the boundary box for the Section or Elevation in order to show up in it. Go to a perpendicular Elevation View that shows all of the Levels and adjust the ends of the Level lines as required. See image below.

LevelExtents.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the help guys.  I was getting ready to reply that it worked but I didn't understand what "Far Clip" had to do with my levels.  When I drew the levels, I of course did so in an elevation view (EAST) and made sure they were all the same length.

But when I saw the second reply, I checked a DIFFERENT elevation view (NORTH) and the missing levels were in fact shorter.

I made them all the same length in the north view too and now I don't need Far Clip turned off.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report