Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Schedule that reports BOTH Specialty EQ and Plumbing Fixt.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hienng8100
3054 Views, 3 Replies

Create Schedule that reports BOTH Specialty EQ and Plumbing Fixt.

I am in need to create a Schedule that reports BOTH Specialty Equipments and Plumbing Fixtures.

Bad news is I don't know how.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: hienng8100

I have included a few approaches below:
1.  Create a Multi-Category Schedule.  View > Schedule > <Multi-Category Schedule>.  Select the available fields, and create the schedule.  Then navigate to Filter and determine what you wish to filter the schedule by.
You can always add a note, under a component family such as Type Comments to schedule.
For example, in the plumbing families and specialty equipment families I added a note in the family Type Comments called “Schedule”.  I then specified, in my new Schedule > Filter > Filter By > Type Comments > Equals > Schedule.  
This will only list the components I choose on this schedule, excluding the other component families [such as doors, windows, etc.] I may wish to not see.
2.  Create a separate schedule [One for specialty equipment and one for Plumbing Fixtures].  They can be arranged on the same sheet as needed.
Hope this helps!

I have included a few approaches below:

1.  Create a Multi-Category Schedule.  View > Schedule > <Multi-Category Schedule>.  Select the available fields, and create the schedule.  Then navigate to Filter and determine what you wish to filter the schedule by.

You can always add a note, under a component family such as Type Comments to schedule.

For example, in the plumbing families and specialty equipment families I added a note in the family Type Comments called Schedule.  I then specified, in my new Schedule > Filter > Filter By > Type Comments > Equals > Schedule.  

This will only list the components I choose on this schedule, excluding the other component families [such as doors, windows, etc.] I may wish to not see.

2.  Create a separate schedule [One for specialty equipment and one for Plumbing Fixtures].  They can be arranged on the same sheet as needed.Hope this helps!

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
hienng8100
in reply to: ryan.duell

I used to do the extra parameter as you said.

Thank you.

Sad thing was every time I insert a new family,

I have to remember to tick/check that parameter.

(It was hidden in my schedule)

I missed a major device that draws 120,000 Btu

in the schedule that calculates gas pipe size.

We have to reissue the drawing just for that calculation.

Seems to me that the filter option on the schedule only

works for the first batch of "argument". The 2nd, 3rd and the 4th

are not effective. I used filter using "categories" to

select "plumbing fixtures" and "specialty eq" and

"mechanical eq", but the schedule only select the first filter.

Is this a Revit flaw that has been resolved in Revit 2011?

Message 4 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: hienng8100

If using the “Filter” tab the elements would all have to meet the same requirement.  For example there is no “Or” there is only “And”.  So ideally the elements you wish to include would all use the same value.  This way you could use something similar to Schedule > Yes, for the elements you want in the schedule.  If the value varied they would be excluded:

If using the “Filter” tab the elements would all have to meet the same requirement.  For example there isn't a “Or” option; there is only “And”.  

So ideally the elements you wish to include would all use the same value.  This way you could use something similar to Schedule > Yes, for the elements you want in the schedule.  If the value varied they would be excluded:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/OTU5N2I3YTg

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report