Revit Architecture

hugooo37
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)

Create Family problem

117 Views, 2 Replies
11-11-2013 09:16 PM

I created one panel family. On plan view, I added two parameter for just width and lenght (Picture 1), but at the same time, I cannot added parameter for adjust the angle in the elevation plan(Picture 2) . How can I resolve this problem???Thank you so much. 

Attachment is my .rfa file

111111.JPG

22222.JPG

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Create Family problem

11-11-2013 10:37 PM in reply to: hugooo37

As you have seen, it is very difficult to achieve both the geometry of a generic family and its own rotation in the same family file, doesn't it? Therefore, make this family work-plane based, and nest it into another family, hosted on the workplane of a reference line whose angle is constrained by an angular parameter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
hugooo37
Message 3 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Create Family problem

11-12-2013 12:40 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Would you give me suggestion how to do this family? it can both to adjust the width, lenght and angle

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.