Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coversion of Detail Line to non-plotting Ref Line or Ref Plane possible?"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
octavio2
755 Views, 2 Replies

Coversion of Detail Line to non-plotting Ref Line or Ref Plane possible?"

How do I convert Detail Lines to non-plotting Reference Lines or Reference Planes?  (or to a reference line that would not plot in the future?).

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: octavio2

I do not believe you can convert Detail Lines to Reference Lines or Reference Planes.* You would have to trace over the Detail Line and then delete it.

*- Not with the out-of-the-box interface and commands, anyway.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: octavio2

Mmm with David, don't think you can do what your looking for .. but a work around perhaps...

duplicate the view with detailing... select all the detail lines you dont want to print and delete them. (Leaving them in the duplicated view)
Not sure what you might be doing, but if i make an assumption, To make this process easier, i tend to use a detail line style called 'Markup Pen' , red in colour... and i use this in a working view for setout and guidelines... that way i don't have ref planes populating my model. It also means i can select everything in a view and filter just that line style... copy and paste where ever i want...

Hope it helps.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report