Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not Establish Connection to the Internet Mapping Service

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
priscilabonifacio
2933 Views, 9 Replies

Could not Establish Connection to the Internet Mapping Service

You guys must be tired of reading about this problem.

But I came here to ask for an ultimate answer.

I have done EVERYTHING to get this thing working, but it never did.

Every single time I try to use Location with Internet Mapping Service I get this message:

Could not establish connection to Internet Mapping Service.
Please check your access settings to gbs.autodesk.com. This site may be blocked by your firewall or some other network security system.

Im pulling my hair out, because I dont know what to do anymore. I turned off my firewall. I set Revit through Windows Firewall. I configured my proxy to allow

*.autodesk.com
*.google-analytics.com
*.cloudfront.net

Is there a standard setting that the computer proxy/ TCP/IP/ firewall / IP I dont know, MUST HAVE it in order to connect to the IMS? I definitely dont know what to do anymore. I lost all my hopes. And the strange thing is that IMS works with every friends computer except mine!!!!!!!!! >/

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: priscilabonifacio

Hello, I am having the same exact problem using Revit 2017. Were you ever able to find a fix to your problem?

Message 3 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you describe how you connect to the internet? Home, school, office, public? Via a modem, a router, a server? Windows version and variant (Home, Pro, etc...)?
Message 4 of 10
RDAOU

Hello @priscilabonifacio @Anonymous

following to what @ToanDN asked, what is ur favorite color? What is ... 🙂 I'm joking lol

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

1. which web browser are u using?
  2. if internet explorer is set to default, you could first add the sites to safe list AND then install the certificate from the mapping site manually 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I'm running through school network, with routers all over campus. Windows 10 Education. I use Google Chrome as a browser, though I don't see why that should matter if I am signed in to A360 in Revit itself.

Message 6 of 10
RDAOU

@Anonymous

The issue is not your internet access it is google chrome (I am suspecting the OP is using Chrome as default too) ...

The mapping service goes through the set Windows default browser. If the certificate from that site fails to download or your browser rejects it, you will receive that error. It is the case not just in Revit but also with other platforms which has built in Location Mapping.

Change the default windows browser to Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer or Safari and it should work... I personally recommend Firefox

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you for the advice. The problem seems to have inexplicably fixed itself without me doing anything, but I downloaded Firefox and set it as default anyway. I'll be back if I have any more issues, but hopefully the problems are done for now.

Message 8 of 10
Jacob.westergaard

Hi, 

Thank you all for writing on the forum, 

The service had been facing some issues the past week regarding the Mapping Service, we have restored it and should be working for everyone again. 

If there´s anyone who still have issues it´s most likely not the same. 

Jacob Westergaard

Autodesk Premium Support Team
AEC Premium Support Services
Message 9 of 10

this is happening to me now aswell and its very concerning. I am compiling a sun study and cant even see where my project is located. I need urgent assistance here. 

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I haven't had any issues since switching my primary browser to Firefox (was using chrome before)
I would also suggest giving Autodesk a few days to fix the problem as it may be as simple as a server outage

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report