Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I use Revit 2014 with old GPU

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kommune81
522 Views, 3 Replies

Could I use Revit 2014 with old GPU

Hello

i am considering updating from Revit 2013 to the 2014 version .
I have a Macbook Pro mid-2010 with 8gb RAM but an old NVIDIA GeForce 320 M graphics card (512mb).
The way I am running Revit on a Mac is thru Parallels Desktop 10.

I understand that its not easy/cheap to update graphics card on 5 year old Macbook Pros - so could I use Revit2014 or not?

I have read the system requirements - but still need some assistance.
Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: kommune81

If you're already running 3013 on your Mac, I don't see why 2014 would be any worse. But better wait for an expert to answer.

Message 3 of 4
vollart
in reply to: kommune81

That graphics card is not on the official list: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112  But I will say, I personally used that Mac Book version for a while and Revit 2014 did run on it. However, NOT with Parallels. I strongly suggest that you partition your hard drive and install Windows in Bootcamp if you want to seriously run Revit on a MacBook.

Message 4 of 4
kommune81
in reply to: vollart

Hello, hello

Thanks for answer. I will probably try the Bootcamp way-of-doing it with Revit on a newer iMac.

Then the specs would definitely be better than with my aging MacBook Pro. 

Also - I am not satisfied with the stability and the speed of Parallels Desktop way-of-doing it, so I am looking forward to Bootcamp.

Regards,

Harald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report