Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost parameter in Schedule doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
j.p.j.smid
697 Views, 2 Replies

Cost parameter in Schedule doesn't work.

Hello all,

Using Revit 2012 Architecture (64-bit) and Revit 2013  (full version, 64-bit) both gave the same problem.

The problem is as follows.I have gotten a Revit file from my university and I need to make a schedule for two type of windows that consists of Family, Type, Count, Cost, and Total cost. This is not really a big deal, just add the parameters to a schedule, sort by family and type, uncheck "itemize every instance". Then create a calculated value called "total costs" with formula "cost" and type set to currency. Then in formatting go to the just created "total costs", check calculate totals and click ok.

Now there should be a schedule with the family, type, count, costs and total costs. But costs stays black and therefore total costs is 0,00 (See attachements).

To my knowledge windows have a certain cost associated with them that comes from a database that has values for all structures in revit. So my guess is that database isn't there or for some reason it doesn't work.

The file is 100% reliable, since my university supplied it to me and it works for others using the same version of Revit. Also this problem does not only occur with this file or just windows, the cost fields always stay blank. As mentioned the problem occurs on both Revit 2012 architecture (64-bit) and Revit 2013 (full version 64-bit).

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Maybe I am not right, but from what I know the costs usualy are not part of the family settings. Almost every time I had to introduce a curency parameter in Family Type.

In Europe, at least,  I didn't know a producer to present a price in his presentation catalog . The price is obtained after a direct conection with the producer (think that these prices could be updated , and no producer willl make the mistake to assume the  risk for a wrong information)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Revit does not contain a database of costs as the original poster has said. The user has to enter the values, or purchase some kind of plugin with a database of prices. Otherwise, Revit is not going to show a value for anything.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report