Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt jpeg texture images from revit fbx export

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
trunk_boy
1777 Views, 6 Replies

Corrupt jpeg texture images from revit fbx export

Hello everybody i am really hoping someone can help me out with this one because its driving me crazy.

What i am doing-

exporing a fbx file from revit 2011 to a network drive

importing the fbx into 3ds max design 2011

using net render to render animations on about 20 computers

The problem-

The JPEG texture files that export in the fbx and then extract into a folder (projectname.fbm folder) are corrupt. When i net render i get "JPEG - invalid image header" error. if i check the images with windows photo viewer they look fine, however if i try to open them in photoshop they will not open and i get an error. I have manually replaced files from the revit material library to make sure that this was the problem and it worked perfect when the corrupt files were replaced. Any suggestions what is causing this or how to fix this? I could replace all files manually but i would rather not since there is quite a few. any help is appreciated! thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: trunk_boy

Could you verify the content at the link below to see if this could be related to the issue?

http://www.mastering-mentalray.com/blog/?p=205

Please let us know, thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
trunk_boy
in reply to: ryan.duell

No i dont believe it is related. I have installed the 3ds hotfix to correct the image file import names from a GUID to the assigned material names in revit. (

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15302366&linkID=10381720)

The only workaround i have been able to figure out is replacing all the jpegs in the .fbm folder with the materials from the revit library. Everything runs smooth after i overwrite the images.

Message 4 of 7
gscarabel

I'm having the same problem and can't fix it. Did you overwrite all the textures from revit? I have a bunch of textures coming from revit with a # instead of the right name and personally don't know how to replace them with the original ones. I created a "save as archive" of my project into a network location and moved all the scene textures that came from that into a new subfolder. I tried to use the Asset tracking tool in 3ds to match the new texture path but that didn't work as well. Now I have installed the 3ds hotfixed as you suggested but does that mean that I have to relink every fbx file to my project again?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: gscarabel

I wanted to include a post to see if this should help with this issue:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/revit-2011-fbx-to-3ds-max-2011-tips.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 6 of 7
rlosh

We have been experiencing the same issues with Revit FBX export to 3ds Max Design 2011.  We reported it to Autodesk through Subscription Support.  After extensive investigation, they logged it as a "Product Defect" and said to await future updates in order to fix the problem.  We don't experience the same problem when we export to DWG and import the DWG into 3ds Max.  The same goes with importing SKP files.  The problem is with the FBX export.  Sorry for the bad news...  If you somehow find a fix that doesn't require replacing all the JPG files, please post the solution.

Message 7 of 7
gscarabel

Thank you guys for this. I'll give it a new try next time. Meanwhile I had to delete and replace all the textures came with Revit in 3ds. That worked but it's not the smartest thing to do.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report