Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt element causes file to become corrupt - unable to recover

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mickdunn
560 Views, 5 Replies

Corrupt element causes file to become corrupt - unable to recover

I have been receiving the error "Element 1013806 became corrupt at some time before this session" etc.  I get prompted to create a recovery file however the recovery file and the original file are both rendered corrupt and cannot be opened.  I am prompted to send the file to Autodesk to be recovered.  A couple of problems - the file is over 100mb and anytime I try to do anything through subscription centre (lodge support request, download latest versions etc), I end up with page not found errors at all URLs beginning with: https://login.salesforce.com/?  It doesn't matter which browser I use.

This file has, of course, become corrupt on a major submission date.  I am able to rollback to a previous version but am unable to delete the offending element and it's only a matter of time before I accidentally stumble across said element again causing the whole process to repeat.

If I could have directly lodged a support request I would have.  I can be contacted directly via email if that is preferable.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: mickdunn

Have you opened a support ticket with Autodesk support without trying to attach the file?

Do you have a case number? 

Usually they will give you an area you can upload a large file for them to assist.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
mickdunn
in reply to: LisaDrago

The problem is I can't open a support ticket because I can't get onto their support site. It always fails to resolve the DNS for me. I was hoping someone could provide me with a different way to get in touch.
Message 4 of 6
LisaDrago

Okay, let me see if I can escalate this from here...
LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 6
mickdunn
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you for your help but I was able to get through to support and open a case. Not sure what the issue was but it seems to have resolved itself (the DNS issue, not the file corruption).
Message 6 of 6
LisaDrago

Okay, glad you were able to get to them.
LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report