Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORNER WINDOW

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
386 Views, 6 Replies

CORNER WINDOW

Does anyone know how to make a corner window family?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please Nic "John" wrote in message news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "IVP_hoekraam H3.rfa"
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks! Will have a look at how you constructed the family. Cheers John "Nic M." wrote in message news:41406cb0_3@newsprd01... > Please > > Nic > > "John" wrote in message news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... > > Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Nic, Using, ur corner window family, does not subtract 2nd wall. 1 half of the window remains inside of the wall, any clue/workaround. Thanks "John" wrote in message news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Its a revit 5.1 window. One of the first families I made. So it may be a litlle clunky I tried it and it still seems to work for me. You have to place it in one wall and then drag it to the exterior of the ortho wall See attach Nic "Bim Consultant" wrote in message news:4144504c_1@newsprd01... > Hi Nic, > > Using, ur corner window family, does not subtract 2nd wall. 1 half of the > window remains inside of the wall, any clue/workaround. > > Thanks > "John" wrote in message news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... >> Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? >> >> >> > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

again, very nice Nic. Interesting to see how you used a void instead of openings to get your detailing right. I don't know if this is still how you work but in order to get your productionspeed up a little you should consider to make some standard recangle, verticals, horizontals and glass-sheets. You can load them in your family and save the family as a sort of template - the preloaded items [nested families] can be adjusted in length by a simple align [next copy you drag will automatically get the new length]. You can also use other filling elements in this way.. have a go with the families I attached. Together with the method you show in this file you can make specific windows in no-time... "Nic M." schreef in bericht news:41448e27_3@newsprd01... > Its a revit 5.1 window. One of the first families I made. So it may be a > litlle clunky > I tried it and it still seems to work for me. > You have to place it in one wall and then drag it to the exterior of the > ortho wall > See attach > > Nic > > > > "Bim Consultant" wrote in message > news:4144504c_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Nic, > > > > Using, ur corner window family, does not subtract 2nd wall. 1 half of the > > window remains inside of the wall, any clue/workaround. > > > > Thanks > > "John" wrote in message news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... > >> Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Glas.rfa"
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you guys, -- Cheers!!! BIM "v.valentijn"
wrote in message news:41455ea6_1@newsprd01... > again, very nice Nic. Interesting to see how you used a void instead of > openings to get your detailing right. I don't know if this is still how you > work but in order to get your productionspeed up a little you should > consider to make some standard recangle, verticals, horizontals and > glass-sheets. You can load them in your family and save the family as a sort > of template - the preloaded items [nested families] can be adjusted in > length by a simple align [next copy you drag will automatically get the new > length]. You can also use other filling elements in this way.. have a go > with the families I attached. > Together with the method you show in this file you can make specific windows > in no-time... > > "Nic M." schreef in bericht > news:41448e27_3@newsprd01... > > Its a revit 5.1 window. One of the first families I made. So it may be a > > litlle clunky > > I tried it and it still seems to work for me. > > You have to place it in one wall and then drag it to the exterior of the > > ortho wall > > See attach > > > > Nic > > > > > > > > "Bim Consultant" wrote in message > > news:4144504c_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi Nic, > > > > > > Using, ur corner window family, does not subtract 2nd wall. 1 half of > the > > > window remains inside of the wall, any clue/workaround. > > > > > > Thanks > > > "John" wrote in message > news:41406b3c_2@newsprd01... > > >> Does anyone know how to make a corner window family? > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report