Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying an entire apartment building two times?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
amontri
1232 Views, 6 Replies

Copying an entire apartment building two times?

I modeled an apartment building with 4 floors, etc, and I'd like to make an exact copy of this building twice, because this area has three identical apartment buildings side by side.  How can I do this properly?  thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

In such a case I should make a new file with the terrain, roads, exterior utilities in which I should Insert as Linked File the files with the building twice or how many times desired....All the changes made to the file with the building will appear in all the instances ....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Thank you.  But what if I don't have terrain, roads, etc?  Is there not a sort of Copy Paste kind of procedure for copying buildings?  🙂

Message 4 of 7

you can do it even in a blank file in which to made some reference planes for positioning ( it's better to be a survey file in oder to keep the real distance between the inserted instances of the building inserted as Linked File) . You can rotate the instances or change height...You can Bind Link ,but I wouldn't recomand it...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Is it really bad to select the building and then copy it and then paste it?  

I guess yes, because for some reason, the rooms are bounded and I can't create spaces since it's not enclosed.  But why?????

Message 6 of 7

The problem with Copy is that after you copy the entity ,if you make changes to one of the copies that will be not made in the other instances.

Anyway if before making the Copy , you select the whole entity and make it a Group  then the changes made in Edit Group will be made in all the copies....

Yes , it is possible ....but I still prefer Revit Link for its flexibility and because you work with smaller files.....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your help. How can I copy the entire entity?  Do I just highlight the whole building?  I just can't understand why, for example, on the ground floor, when I try to create a space, it says space is not enclosed for 2 of the 3 rooms, but it is enclosed with walls, floor, etc...why does copy paste not enable the ability to recognize the exact same elements and stuff as the original?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report