Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy to other levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dgizzim
324 Views, 2 Replies

copy to other levels

Can I copy items from one level to another without using the elevations? When I copy columns and walls from one level to another in elevation view, some columns are left out. I can see a better selection in 3D but can't figure it out.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dgizzim

You don't have to copy in the same view in which you select. First select the objects in whatever view or views are most convenient
for doing the selection. Then activate the plan view for the source level and Copy to Clipboard. Then activate the plan view for the
destination level and Paste Aligned | Current Level.

Elevation views are rarely the most convenient to use for Copy to Clipboard, but they can be useful for the "Copy" command. Select
the elements in any view (e.g., 3D view), go to an elevation view. Copy (not Copy to Clipboard), click anywhere in the graphics
window, say somewhere on the source level, and click directly above the first click at the height above it that you want to move (or
move the mouse directly up without doing the second click and type in the height difference -- your typing will be grabbed by the
listening dimension).

wrote in message news:5613549@discussion.autodesk.com...
Can I copy items from one level to another without using the elevations? When I copy columns and walls from one level to another in
elevation view, some columns are left out. I can see a better selection in 3D but can't figure it out.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dgizzim

'ctrl c' objects in any view, then edit pull down>paste aligned>select
levels by name...

--
Brian Earsley
www.arete3.com
18645 South West Creek Drive
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
708.342.1250 x.225
wrote in message news:5613549@discussion.autodesk.com...
Can I copy items from one level to another without using the elevations?
When I copy columns and walls from one level to another in elevation view,
some columns are left out. I can see a better selection in 3D but can't
figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report