Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/pasting furniture, casework

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mpukas
1387 Views, 1 Reply

copy/pasting furniture, casework

When I try to copy to clip board / paste <aligned to selected levels>  furnture & casework, say from Level 1 to Level 2, I get yelled at saying there are multiple instances in the same place. The furniture on Level 1 is constrained to Level 1, and when I paste it to Level 2, the new furniture says it constrained to Level 2, but it doesn't show up in Level 2 - it shows up in the same place on Level 1.

Even if I go to Level 2 floor plan and paste, it still get put on level 1.

What am I missing? Thanks. mpp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I am not too sure I understand you very well. but I made some personal observations on this subject:

• if, in Family Editor , I check in Properties >Work Plane Based and load the piece of furmiture in the project then , - in project , if I select the loaded furniture, I can change the position from Work Plane >Edit Work Plane >Specify a New Work Plane. The Copy (Clipboard function) and Paste - Aligned to Selected Level it works accurate- but does not accept Pick New Host

• If , in Family Editor, uncheck in Properties >Work Plane Based and load the piece of furmiture in the project then, in project , I can not change the position of it from Constraints >Level...if I change the Level the furniture does not move , but accepts Pick New Host
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report