Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor crashes revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kmatis
1004 Views, 3 Replies

Copy/Monitor crashes revit

We are on Revit Architecture 2011 64 bit with the latest updates and trying to do our first full project with consultants also using Revit. I'm trying to do the simple task of copying the structural grid lines into our file from his link using copy/monitor and certain grid lines cause Revit to crash every time I try to copy them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why these grids cause it to crash and others don't. Has anyone run into this issue and does anyone actually use copy/monitor or is it not worth the hassles?

Thanks,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: kmatis

Can you verify if this happens in a blank project, if you link in the structural file and attempt to copy \ monitor the structural gridlines?  Does the crashing behavior persist?

Also, are the same gridlines causing the crash each time or is it random?  For example, if you attempt to copy \ monitor one of the crashing gridlines does it happen each time or only sometimes?

If the issue persists, and you are on Autodesk Subscription, I would recommend creating a support case.  This way if the crashing behavior is reproducible the structural project could be forwarded for review.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
kmatis
in reply to: ryan.duell

Ryan,

It did work when I started a new file from scratch. I tried removing the link in project and re-inserting it but still got the same result. It's only certain grid lines that cause it to crash. There are about 6 different ones that I cannot copy into our project. Could there be something wrong with the coordinate systems? We are using shared coordinates.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: kmatis

Shared coordinates should be okay assuming the values are not extremely large.  Where it works for most grids I wonder if there is something specific to the grid geometry that is throwing it off.  Could you try deleting one of the offending gridlines, and adding a new grid in exactly the same place.  See if copy/monitor crashes afterward in the same manner.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report