Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy area boundary lines?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CADdaddy.com
4505 Views, 5 Replies

Copy area boundary lines?

I've though maybe I could copy my area boundary lines from one floor and "paste aligned" to another similar floor...but....no. Is there any other way to replicate all those lines without having to re-draw them on every floor?

James LeVieux
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
melarch
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

You can copy room area boundary lines and the room tag to another floor level of spaces using the Copy to and Paste from Clipboard command or on the dame level by using the Copy command.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia
Message 3 of 6
CADdaddy.com

I'm talking about area boundaries...not rooms. Area boundary lines don't seem work so well with cut and paste....

James
Message 4 of 6
erik_snell

Areas and area boundary lines can only be copied on to another Area Plan. Be sure to create a new Area Plan for the level you want to paste on to, then use paste aligned. You can use Paste Aligned > Select Views or switch to each view and use Paste Aligned > Current View.

Hope this helps.

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
CADdaddy.com

Well...you are right...you can copy individual lines that way....but just not all of them. Apparently, the reason that I was not able to copy the boundary lines because I was trying to select ALL of them (using filter) - which just doesn't seem to work. First I tried just filtering the boundary lines and then I tried filtering the boundary line+area+area tags which didn't work either.

James
Message 6 of 6
K3VNL

Have you tried opening the level you want and then have the other level as an underlay and then just use the sketch function and pick lines to redraw it on the new level??

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report