Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied elements or groups and graphic overrides?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawn
1015 Views, 2 Replies

Copied elements or groups and graphic overrides?

I've created a small group of concrete reinforcing detail components that have graphic overrides to change solid black to solid grey. When I copy the objects or place new groups made from the objects, the graphic overrides reset to original all black.

Is there anyway to get the graphic overrides, which are embedded in the group, to copy into new intances of the group so that I don't have to "undo group" and apply new graphic overrides?

Thank you.

SG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Niqos
in reply to: shawn

Not sure if you've sorted this issue out, and I'm no expert, but it appears this can't be done, only model elements and detail elements are saved in the group, but no graphic visual overides that are applied to elements prior to creating them as a group. I've made all model families appear the way you want them to appear, by assigning symbolic lines to the actual family, and adjusting the visibility of each model element before saving the family. Not sure how you would do the same thing for system families, such as walls, etc. I guess there's a reason why Revit doesn't allow this, I don't know what it is though.  If any one alse can shed some light on this it would be great.

Message 3 of 3
shawn
in reply to: Niqos

Thanks for the reply. It's frustrating sometimes that others, especially Autodesk personel, don't answer these basic questions with greater consistancy. It would certainly make becoming skilled an easier task.

And you're right, it appears there is no way to save graphic overrides between instances of copied groups containing detail components. The only answer, which I came to by trial and error, is just to edit the family and save as a new family. Then use the new family detail component in the model groups.

Aloha,

SG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report