Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Files from 2010 to 2011 or vice versa

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Kbruno89
1164 Views, 4 Replies

Converting Files from 2010 to 2011 or vice versa

Hello,

First off my name is Kevin (student) and I have both 2010 and 2011 installed on my computers (student version).  Now, I need to take my file from 2011 and put it on my laptop that has 2010 on it.  It says it is the wrong version and etc.  Vice versa applys too.  My 2010 file wont run on 2011.  Is there some format or some way to convert the file so it is readable??? (much like saving down to 2000 dwg in autocad for earlier versions)  If you could provide any help, it would be very much appreciated. THANKS!

- Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Kbruno89

you can't save down in revit

can you post the file that is not opening in 2011?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Kbruno89
in reply to: DarrenP

Why would Autodesk do that?  That makes NO SENSE?!?! Like, if they did it in AutoCad, im confused as to why they wouldnt just do it in most if not all their products.

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: Kbruno89

There have been many discussions about this on this site - checek out a few of them to help get an answer to that question...

You should have no problem upgrading your 2010 file to 2011.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: LisaDrago

is there an error message on when you open a 2010 file in 2011?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report