Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of 3D to MicroStation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
262 Views, 2 Replies

Conversion of 3D to MicroStation

Can the working units be changed from "12:8000" to something else before the file is exported to MicroStation? Thanks for any help. John
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: Anonymous

We export to DGN, reference the export into a seed file, then merge the reference. This forces the seed files settings onto the Revit export. The dgn Settings file option when exporting does not work, it is broken.

We have not ever done export to 3D however, only for background 2D data. I imagine that using a 3d seed file should yield similar results however.

HTH
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah, I knew we could do that, I was looking for a fix that would be transparent. Easy enough to use a intermediate file and have the exported attached at a scale and periodically delete all and copy from the reference in place. It would be no problem to do as you suggest, but the person requesting wants a "effortless" export so they don't have to tweak the files. Not my choice. We have a need to produce models, that Revit can easily do, and export them to DGN for use with PDS(Intergraph Plant Design), and it wants "12:2032" rather than "12:8000". Thanks though....... "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message news:12750823.1078877677085.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We export to DGN, reference the export into a seed file, then merge the reference. This forces the seed files settings onto the Revit export. The dgn Settings file option when exporting does not work, it is broken. > > We have not ever done export to 3D however, only for background 2D data. I imagine that using a 3d seed file should yield similar results however. > > HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report