Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Lighting in a Linked File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thaner9
296 Views, 2 Replies

Controlling Lighting in a Linked File

I have read some threads from years ago about people having trouble controlling the lighting of a linked file from within the host file. I haven't seen any solutions to this issue and was wondering if there is one.

I have had success setting up a perspective view in the linked file and turning on/off the fixtures I want to render and then, in the host file, I choose to override the settings of the linked file by choosing "From Linked View" in the Visibility/Graphics dialogue and selecting that perspective view I created in the Linked file. I don't know if this is the correct way to do it or not. Also, I'd like to know if I can edit this from the Host file or if I just have to close the Host, open the Linked, and modify the settings in the perspective view.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: thaner9

Depending on which settings you are looking to control, you may be able to control it from the Visibility Graphics in the Host file, but if you are looking to control visibility of individual elements, that would need to be done through the linked file.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
thaner9
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks Chris,

I think just creating a "dummy" 3D view with the lights the way I want them is the best way to do this. Then I just select that Linked View in the Visibility/Graphics dialogue and it appears to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report